Big Zodiac Energy: 3 Astrology-Inspired Nail Art How-Tos
OPI’s Big Zodiac Energy collection is officially here! Help your clients express themselves and channel star-filled celestial nails with pearly, shimmery, glittery and holographic shades that coordinate with each of the 12 Zodiac signs!
Below, OPI Brand Educator Shannon Rooney (@seriouslynails) breaks down how she achieved three cosmic looks with this new collection using techniques like detailed line work, fading, color graduation and ombré! You can also watch Shannon’s full Instagram Live below!
*Remember to always properly prep nails for gel color application: apply OPI Bond Aid, and apply one coat of OPI GelColor Stay Classic Base Coat and cure for 30 seconds. Don’t forget to cap your free edge!
STAR LIGHT1. Apply a thin, even layer of Scorpio Seduction, and cure for 30 seconds.
2. Apply a second thin, even layer of Scorpio Seduction, and cure for 30 seconds.
3. Apply a thin, even coat of Stay Matte Top Coat, and cure for 30 seconds.
4. Cleanse the nail with OPI N.A.S 99 Nail Cleansing Solution.
5. Using Alpine Snow and your favorite thin nail art brush liner, create a star in the center of the nail, and cure for 30 seconds.
6. Using Gemini and I, overlay the previous star design. Cure 30 seconds. Cleanse again with N.A.S 99.
7. Using nail glue, apply a dot to the very center of the star. Place a crystal over the dot of glue. Allow to dry.
BLUE AURA1. On a palette, place dots/blogs of Taurus-t Me, Pisces the Future and Scorpio Seduction as well as lots of OPI Gelcolor Stay Shiny Top Coat.
2. Mix equal parts of the Stay Shiny Top coat with Taurus-t Me with an acrylic brush. Use that brush to cover the whole nail. Cure for 30 seconds.
3. Apply one, even coat of Taurus-t Me on the nail, leaving a small portion of the perimeter bare. Cure for 30 seconds.
4. Mix equal parts of Taurus-t Me and Pisces the Future, and apply to the nail leaving even more of the perimeter of the nail bare of that color. Cure for 30 seconds.
5. Apply one coat of Pisces The Future to the nail, leaving even more of the perimeter bare. Cure for 30 seconds
6. Mix equal parts of Pisces The Future and Scorpio Seduction and apply it to the nail leaving even more of the perimeter free. Cure 30 seconds.
7. Add more Scorpio Seduction to the last mixture and apply it to the nail leaving even more of the perimeter free. Cure for 30 seconds
8. Apply Stay Shiny Top Coat, and cure for 30 seconds
UNDER THE SIGN OF THE ZODIAC1. Create a fade by horizontally blending from the cuticle area to the free edge: #Virgoals, The Leo-nly One and Kiss My Aries. Cure for 30 seconds.
2. Repeat for coverage, and cure for 30 seconds.
3. Cleanse with N.A.S 99.
4. Create a fade on top of the design using Taurs-t Me, Pisces The Future and Scorpio Seduction. Make this coat heavier since you will only be doing one coat of this color combo. DO NOT CURE.
5. Using a stiff, short brush, carve out a zodiac sign or create a swirl effect. Cure for 30 seconds.
6. Top with Stay Shiny Top Coat, and cure for 30 seconds.
7. Cleanse with N.A.S 99.
WATCH SHANNON’S FULL INSTAGRAM LIVE!