Color Melting Techniquefeaturing Kadus Professional
Learn the Color Melting Technique from Kadus Professional Educator, Ashley Kerkes. In addition, you will discover how the entire line of Kadus Professional - hair color, lightener, styling and care - can allow you to work smarter, not harder, in the salon.
20g Kadus Professional Blonding Powder + 30g 20 volume developer
Kadus Professional 20g 5N + 10g 5A + 60g 13 volume
Kadus Professional 15g 7N + 15g 8BA + 60g 6 volume
Kadus Professional 20g 9GV + 40g 6 volume
1. Section into traditional 4 quadrants. Starting in the back left apply a diagonal back full foil with Formula A. Use a combination of weave and slices. Continue with back right and then the front quadrants. Process until a level 8/9 is achieved on the base.
2. Shampoo using Kadus Professional Visible Repair. Apply Post-Color Treatment roots to ends and leave on for 10 minutes to balance Ph. Rinse thoroughly.
3. Next, towel dry the hair well and section into 4 quadrants again.
4. Apply Formula B at the base of each section starting at the top and working your way down.
5. Work your way back up each section by applying Formula D on the ends before applying Formula C on the mid section. Comb well to blend the colors into one another.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on each quadrant and process for 20 minutes, combing continuously.
7. Rinse well and apply Post-Color Treatment again for 10 minutes to ensure your colors longevity. Rinse.
8. Towel dry and cocktail together Velvet Oil and Frizz Down, apply roots to ends. Spray Shield It for added heat protection. Dry hair and apply Dramatize It to dried hair and rough dry in for added texture.
9. For beach waves spray each section with Design It and wrap around a wand or small barrel iron, alternating curl direction for a natural look.
Hair stylist and studio owner Ashley Kerkes has been in the industry for 7 years with experience in top salons throughout southeast Michigan. As a National educator, she is constantly traveling the country; not only teaching classes but taking them as well. She keeps herself educated on the latest trends and techniques in the industry. Ultimately versatile, Ashley delivers perfect cuts for both men and women, in styles ranging from the classic and buttoned-down to the unconventional and visionary. She’s known for both elegant blow-outs and edgy styles. Likewise, her color work includes natural-looking, sun-kissed highlights and bold brunettes as well as high fashion creative color and vivid downtown statements. Her devoted ombré and colormelt clients wear their seamless fades in both traditional and pastel palette.
You can rely on Ashley for a friendly, fun and thorough class. Behind the chair 4 days a week, she is a working stylist and can answer questions at a peer to peer level. Ashley, with her easy-going personality, salon expertise, and social media presence is a a great go to for any questions you have behind the chair!