How-To: Holiday Beauty with Ardellfeaturing Ardell
Featuring Pro MUA Sara Saad
While the 2020 holiday season may be filled with more sweatpants and fewer party dresses, there are still plenty of clients who want to feel glam this time of year because…honestly, why not?! Want to wow your clients with a little extra sparkle this season? Incorporate this glam makeup look from Ardell Beauty into your holiday services (or try it on yourself!). Pro MUA Sara Saad breaks it down below using some of her favorite Ardell products like Attitude Adjuster, Cameraflage Concealer and Fame Chaser Liquid Liner.
1. Prep skin with In Her Prime Face Primer Illuminating with your fingertips or a makeup sponge for hydrated and smooth skin.
2. Using a blending brush, sweep Attitude Adjuster Shade FX Drops onto all high points of the face. Sara used the shade Longing Looks.
3. Apply Cameraflage Hi-Def Foundation (Sara used the shade Medium 7.0) all over, and blend with a tapered brush.
4. Apply Cameraflage Concealer (Sara used the shade Medium 6) under eyes, between brows to mid nose and to cupid bow. Blend with a concealer brush.
5. Apply Glamtouring Highlight + Contour Duo (Sara used the shade Medium). Apply lighter shade to cheekbones, forehead, bridge of nose, chin and above lips to brighten, then use the darker shade to contour cheeks, hairline, temples, sides and tip of nose and jaw line. Blend with an angled brush. Tip: After blending, use your foundation brush to gently press over the contour to set - do not sweep, as you do not want to move the product!
6. Apply Brow Confidential Brow Duo in Medium Brown. (Sara used the shade Medium Brown). First, brush clear gel onto brows. Follow with loose powder to define, then use the clear gel again to set.
7. Using the Matte Pro Eyeshadow Palette, apply Taupe to the crease to map out the eye shape, a lighter shade on the lids, meeting the Taupe (this will brighten your clients’ eyes and make them appear larger) and a dark shade closest to the lash line on the outer corner of the eye to draw out and elongate the eye.
8. Apply Fame Chaser Liquid Liner in Patent Leather. Tip: Draw a straight line from the outer corner of the eye toward the eyebrows then draw another line from the outer liner toward the lashline. Sharpen and perfect with a cotton bud.
10. Tightline using Wanna Get Lucky Gel Eyeliner (Sara used the shade Teddy). Tightlining enhances the shape of the eyes, giving them more definition without making them appear sunken or smaller.
12. Highlight cheekbones using Attitude Adjustor Shade FX Drops (Sara used the shade Longing Looks).