Nail Art Unlocked - Featuring OPI Xboxfeaturing OPI
Below, Galdina breaks down the techniques she used - including a dry brushing technique, detailed line work and an abstract concept - so you can recreate them in your salon. Keep reading for all her tips and tricks!
Missed out on your chance to snag the Xbox Collection? You can use any of your favorite OPI shades and formulas (GelColor, Infinite Shine or Nail Lacquer) to customize these for your clients.
Abstract Dry Brushing
2. To create the dry brushing technique, remove as much color as you can from one side of the brush.
3. With this same side, press down on the nail and quickly flick up to create an abstract “brushed” look.
4. Apply each of these colors: The Pass Is Always Greener, Can’t CTRL Me, Trading Paint, Achievement Unlocked and Racing for Pinks in varying positions to cover the entire nail.
5. For the detail work, add a dollop of N00Berry to a palette. Use the tip of a nail art brush to paint your designs (Galdina was inspired by the buttons on an Xbox controller!)
6. To create the four dots at the bottom, use a dotting tool (a toothpick would work, too).
7. Once dry, apply a top coat.
Pro tip: when working with nail lacquer, make sure to gently apply your top coat so your design doesn’t bleed.
Pixelated Gamer Heart
2. Apply two coats of Achievement Unlocked in GelColor, curing for 30 seconds between each coat. Galdina used OPI’s new Star Light Gel Lamp.
3. Add Heart and Con-Soul and N00Berry GelColors to your palette.
4. Roll a nail art brush in Heart and Con-Soul, making sure all the bristles are saturated.
5. Paint a heart in the center of the nail. It doesn’t have to be perfect - "your “pixels” will cover up any imperfections.
6. Cure for 30 seconds, then wipe the inhibition layer with an OPI Expert Touch Nail Wipe and OPI N.A.S 99 to remove any slickness, which will help with detail work.
7. Roll nail art brush into N00Berry.
Pro tip: when doing detail work, pull and twirl your brush a few times to ensure even brush coverage.
8. Starting at the tip of the heart, paint small squares (your “pixels”) around the heart, overlapping the lines of the heart. Flash cure (5 seconds) a few times during the process for extra detail.
9. Cure for 30 seconds, apply OPI Stay Shiny Top Coat, cure for 30 seconds and wipe the inhibition layer with N.A.S 99.
2. Wipe off the inhibition layer with an Expert Touch Nail Wipe and N.A.S 99.
3. Apply dollops of The Pass is Always Greener, Trading Paint, Racing for Pinks, Can’t CTRL Me and Achievement Unlocked to your palette.
4. Starting at the bottom center, start creating your pixels with your first color.
5. Create an abstract pixel design in a “stair” pattern one shade at a time, cleansing your brush between each color, and flash curing as needed to lock in the design.
6. After you’ve applied all the colors, cure for 30 seconds.
7. Apply Stay Shiny Top Coat and cure for 30 seconds.
8. Wipe the inhibition layer with an Expert Touch Nail Wipe and OPI N.A.S 99.
Watch Galdina’s full Instagram Live!