Staying Healthy in the Salon with Barbicide Wipesfeaturing BlueCoBrands
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic compounded by other seasonal illnesses like the flu , it is important to keep practicing proper disinfection techniques in the salon to keep everyone healthy, from your clients to co-workers to you. Barbicide®, an industry standard, makes Barbicide Wipes that are perfect to handle this task, year-round! Barbicide Wipes help reduce the spread of illnesses by offering a quick and handy way to perform proper infection control.
Both the Influenza virus and COVID-19 variants are spread by respiratory droplets that carry the virus into the air and onto surfaces every time we breathe, talk, cough or sneeze.
Unfortunately, people with Influenza or COVID-19 can be contagious before becoming sick and could therefore spread these viruses unknowingly.. But there are simple things you can do to reduce your risk of getting sick or spreading illness if you have already been exposed/are already sick.
How to Use Barbicide Wipes as Part of Your Salon Cleaning RoutineFirst, and always foremost, is proper hand washing as often as possible and then keeping your hands to yourself. This is not the season for polite handshaking with everyone you meet - it simply is not worth the risk! When hand washing is not an option, hand sanitizers can be effective against viruses like influenza and COVID-19. In some states, you are allowed to replace hand washing with hand sanitizer. Either way, you need to clean your hands BEFORE each service! Equally important is proper cleaning and disinfection of surfaces, particularly those high contact surfaces such as counters, work stations and door handles. Because proper disinfection (killing of the virus) requires a clean surface, and no one wants to do two steps several times a day, a disinfecting wipe is the perfect solution. Keep in mind that like all disinfectants, wipes have a required contact time to work properly.
Contact time is the time that it takes the chemical to do its work and in the case of Barbicide Wipes, that’s a short 2 minutes!
The process to a safe and healthy salon is simple:
1. Identify those areas where people put their hands or where someone was coughing into the air.
2. Use a Barbicide wipe to wipe off the surface debris, which allows the chemical to work better.
3. Use a second wipe to saturate the area. Barbicide Wipes are super saturated, making this part easier.
4. Wait 2 minutes and take a clean paper towel to remove any remaining product.
5. Wash your hands or utilize hand sanitizer frequently.
Practice this several times daily on those high-traffic areas, keep your hands clean and away from your face and you will have significantly reduced your risks of viral illness.
- Hospital grade, EPA-approved, bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal disinfectant
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), HIV-1, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Staphylococcus (including MRSA), Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Clostridium Difficile (C.Diff), Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus (VRE), Herpes, Influenza (including H1N1), “Athletes Foot” (Tinea Pedis) and Mycobacterium Tuberculosis
- Complies with OSHA’s blood borne pathogens standard
- 2 minute contact time allows you to do the right thing in less time
- Safe for metals and plastics (including combs, shears & clippers)
- More disinfecting solution per towelette allows most jobs to be completed with a single wipe
All muti-use implements (metals and plastics)
Shampoo bowls, stations, bathrooms
Common use items like phones, keyboards, pens