Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a professional license to shop at Marlo Beauty Supply? »
- Can a cosmetology student or apprentice order from your site? »
- I'm not receiving emails. How do I sign up for your email list? »
- How can I provide feedback or leave a comment? »
- How can I see your latest deals? »
- Do you have a Spanish-speaking customer care representative? »
- How do I place an order? »
- First Time Orders »
- Shopping Tools »
- How can I find out if an item is back in stock? »
- If an item is out of stock, can I backorder for future shipment? »
- Why is the price of an item different from when I added it to the shopping cart? »
- Why can't I purchase 80% VOC hairspray? »
- Do you have programs for Chain Salons, Franchises, Schools & Institutions? »
- What payment methods are accepted? »
- Coupon Codes »
- How do I get a manufacturer rebate? »
- Do you charge sales tax? »
- Price Matching »
- Why is my credit card not working? »
- Order Status and Change an Order »
- Large Quantities & Bulk Orders »
- Do I need a professional license to shop at Marlo Beauty Supply?Marlo Beauty Supply is for professionals only and our prices are discounted for the beauty industry trade. We do not sell to your clients. In order to place an order, we must verify your cosmetology license, business license, sales tax ID, beauty school student enrollment or apprenticeship status. This verification could delay your order.
Need help to look up your license number? Click here. Speed up the verification process by emailing a photo of your business license, sales tax ID or student ID to: [email protected]
Orders will not be processed until the verification process is complete. We reserve the right to terminate any transactions if inaccurate information is provided.
- Can a cosmetology student or apprentice order from your site?Yes! Currently enrolled cosmetology students and training apprentices can order from us.
During the registration process, provide your student ID, cosmetology school contact name/phone number, and your graduation date so we can confirm your enrollment. Orders cannot be processed until student enrollment is verified. Speed up the verification process by emailing a photo of your student ID to: [email protected]
During the registration process, provide the salon name, salon contact/phone number and graduation date. Orders will not be processed until the verification process is complete.
We reserve the right to terminate any transactions if inaccurate information is provided.
- I'm not receiving emails. How do I sign up for your email list?Our emails are another way to get notified of our latest deals! You can sign up for emails during the registration process by checking the box next to "Receive specials via email". If you have already registered and are not receiving emails, you can log in, scroll to the bottom of the website, click the purple "Not Receiving Our Emails?" button and submit your email address.
- How can I provide feedback or leave a comment?We love hearing from our customers! We have several ways you can leave a comment or a review:
Feedback Form: At the bottom of our website, we have a feedback form you can fill out with your email address, and the appropriate department will review your comment.
Customer Survey: After you make a purchase, you can fill out a customer survey linked on the order confirmation page. To read comments left by other customers, check out our Customer Reviews page.
Contact Us: When you are logged in, you can navigate to the Contact Us page at the bottom of our website.
- How can I see your latest deals?The MoneySaver contains our best sellers and limited-time specials. Click here to view our MoneySaver online.
- Do you have a Spanish-speaking customer care representative?If you are more comfortable communicating in Spanish, you can fill out and submit this form which will go directly to a bilingual customer care representative. They will contact you directly to help answer any questions or assist you with your order.
- How do I change my saved billing & delivery addresses?To change or add multiple addresses, log in under My Account and go to Manage My Addresses. You can change your billing address, designate a default shipping address and add multiple addresses to keep on file.
You can also change your billing and shipping address while you are placing an order on the address confirmation screen. Just click "change" next to your billing or shipping address to designate a default address that you already have on file or add a new address to your profile.
- How do I change my email address?To protect your account information, you cannot change your email address online. A Professional Customer Care representative would be happy to help you. Call 800-333-9499 or email us at [email protected]
- How do I view order history?To view your recent order history, log in under My Account and go to View Order History. You can filter by order status and date, as well as find information about specific orders by clicking "details".
- How do I change my password?Once you are logged in, you can go to My Account then Edit Profile to change your password.
If you have forgotten your password, you can click Forgot your password? on the login page and we will email you a link where you can easily change your password.
- How do I place an order?Order online or phone us at 800-333-9499. Our Professional Customer Care center is available Monday – Friday: 8am to 5:30pm EST and Saturday: 9am to 2pm EST.
- First Time OrdersIn order to place your first order, we must verify your cosmetology license, business license, sales tax ID, beauty school student enrollment or apprenticeship status. This verification process could delay your order. Need help to look up your license number? Click here. Speed up the verification process by emailing a photo of your business license, sales tax ID or student ID to: [email protected]
Orders will not be processed until the verification process is complete. We reserve the right to terminate any transactions if inaccurate information is provided.
If your first order is shipping to a residential address and is over $200, we will require a signature. Once your package ships and is scanned by UPS, you will receive an email with your tracking and delivery information.
- Shopping ToolsExpress Order
To help speed up the ordering process, you can use our online Express Order form. From a MoneySaver or a past order, locate the item numbers of the products you wish to purchase. Then, enter the item numbers and quantity desired in the online form - it's as easy as that! When you're finished, hit the "Add to Cart" button. Additional items can also be added to your cart by browsing our online store.
Buy it Again
No more searching through multiple orders or trying to remember an item you need. View your past purchases and Buy It Again from this page.
Add the items you frequently reorder to your Shopping List. When you're ready to order, just select what you need! No searching or item # needed.
Save for Later
Save items for review and future purchase with just one click. Save for Later is the place for your wish-list products and can be shared easily with other pros.
We’ve organized all of our products in a handy, sortable Warehouse Guide. Compare many items and prices at once and quickly add to your cart.
Immediately see monthly deals and best sellers in our online MoneySaver. Quickly flip through and click on the items you're interested in ordering.
- How can I find out if an item is back in stock?
When an item is out of stock, you can sign up to be notified when it is available again. Go to the item page, Click “Notify Me” , enter quantity desired and any notes.
You can sign up for notifications for as many items as you’d like. We’ll send one email notification for each item once it is back in stock. Signing up for notifications doesn’t reserve or guarantee item availability.
- If an item is out of stock, can I backorder for future shipment?Currently, back orders are not processed for future shipment. Please re-order out of stock items on your next order, or contact a Professional Customer Care representative to ask about our ship complete option.
- Why is the price of an item different from when I added it to the shopping cart?Prices are subject to change — including temporary reductions, deals as well as permanent increases. The prices of items in your cart represent the current price for which you will be charged.
- Why can't I purchase 80% VOC hairspray?VOCs are regulated at the state level, and a number of states have placed restrictions on VOC levels for beauty products. The limit for aerosol and non-aerosol hairsprays is 55% for the following states:
California, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC
- Do you have programs for Chain Salons, Franchises, Schools & Institutions?We have a Warehouse Partner Program to meet your specialized needs. Start saving even more money today! For information, call 248.220.5618 or click here!
- What payment methods are accepted?• Visa
• American Express
• Mail-in check
• Check by phone **
Orders over $750 require payment with credit card or certified funds.
** First-time check by phone payments will be held 4 business days to clear. After the first order with verification, all additional orders paid with check by phone would follow the standard shipping times. All check orders placed bi-annually may have a delay in order to verify payment information.
- Coupon CodesCoupon codes are entered in the coupon code field during the online checkout process. Unless otherwise noted, multiple coupons may be entered for one order. If ordering via phone, please let your Professional Customer Care representative know you have a coupon code.
- How do I get a manufacturer rebate?A link to the digital copy of the manufacturer rebate form will be provided on the product. You are responsible for submitting these forms. Please follow all directions on the individual rebate forms. Need help? Contact a Professional Customer Care representative at 800-333-9499 or email us at [email protected]
- Do you charge sales tax?Items shipped to the State of Michigan are subject to a six percent (6%) sales tax. Please consult with your tax adviser for your state with respect to any other taxes that may be applicable with your purchase.
Only Michigan customers are charged sales tax. If you would like to claim Michigan Sales Tax Exemption, we need to have a Michigan Tax Exempt Certificate on file for you. Please call 800-333-9499 to receive a certificate or download the form here. Complete all FOUR sections and fax to 248-546-0053 or email [email protected]
- Price MatchingMarlo Beauty Supply saves you time AND money every time you order - if you find a published price from any competitor, Marlo Beauty Supply will beat that price. Just provide us with the name of the competitor, their phone number, and proof of the price, and we'll beat it, guaranteed. Please note that if the cost of shipping varies, then shipping charges will be taken into consideration when matching prices.
Due to strict date guidelines from manufacturers on the special pricing / promotions, we do not do price adjustments on previously-purchased items.
- Why is my credit card not working?If you’re having trouble with your credit card, make sure the billing address matches the address on file with your credit card and/or bank. Enter the name and credit card number exactly the way you see it on the card. If you continue to have issues processing your order, please contact a Professional Customer Care representative at 800-333-9499.
- Order Status and Change an OrderBefore you place your order, you can view the contents and the total amount in your shopping cart. After an order has been submitted, it goes through the following steps:
1. Pending status - your order has been submitted successfully and is in process.
2. Reviewing status - account information is being verified for new customers and special orders.
3. Processing status - your order is being fulfilled in our warehouse.
4. Completed status - your order has shipped and an order confirmation email from Marlo Beauty Supply has been sent to you.
The only time that you can cancel or modify your order is during the "Pending" and "Reviewing" status. Once your order enters the “Processing” and "Completed" status, it has been packed and shipped from our warehouse.
If your order status reads "Cancelled/Declined", please contact a Professional Customer Care representative at 800-333-9499, as there is an error in processing the order.
- Large Quantities & Bulk OrdersA surcharge may be added to orders with large quantities of gallons or other bulk items. You will be notified if a surcharge will be added to your order.
- Shipping CostsContinental U.S. deliveries:
$9.99 shipping on orders totaling $0 - $99Free shipping on orders over $99
UPS determines that a residential delivery is one made to a home, including a business operating out of a home. If UPS determines that an address is a residential delivery, this will be updated in your account.
- Do you ship to Alaska, Hawaii , PO Boxes, APO/FPO & International Deliveries?Alaska & Hawaii
Orders shipped to Alaska/Hawaii are charged actual freight based on the weight of the order and method of shipping. Due to the chemical content or manufacturer restrictions, certain items cannot be shipped. Please contact our customer service department so we can review your order and quote the actual freight. Call 1.800.333.9499 or email your cart to [email protected], click here. Customers will also be notified of exact shipping charges, all of which must be approved by the customer within 5 business days.
PO Boxes, APO/FPO & International Deliveries
No – at this time we are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO addresses, and most international addresses. If you are outside of the United States, please contact us at [email protected] to determine whether we can process your order.
- Shipping TimesAll orders in by 2pm EST Monday - Friday are shipped out from the Marlo Distribution Center on the same business day. All orders will receive an email confirmation when the orders are shipped. Orders placed on weekends or holidays will be shipped the next business day.
Delivery times maybe delayed based on the holiday schedule.
- Track your orderTo track your order, simply click on the tracking number in your shipping confirmation email. You can have shipment and delivery confirmations sent right to your email. Your tracking information can also be found in your Order History.
Control the delivery of your order with:
UPS My Choice® for home! Click here
- Shipping & Delivery DelaysWe work hard to fulfill orders as soon as possible, but deliveries may take longer than expected due to high order volume and shipping carrier delays. In addition, the updating of carrier tracking information and delivery status may be delayed. If you have received a shipping confirmation, it's on its way!
If you receive an "attempted delivery" notification, you can expect UPS to attempt to deliver your order on the following working day.
- Change Address after OrderingAddress changes must be made prior to the order shipping. If a change of address is made after an order has been shipped, all shipping charges incurred will be billed to the customer.
- Refused/Undelivered OrdersThe customer is responsible for all insurance, residential and freight charges on the order. After second refusal/undeliverable order the customer must pay a $25.00 penalty in addition to all incurred charges.
- "No-Hassle" ReturnsReturns/Exchanges
Returns/Exchanges of unwanted merchandise require a Return Authorization, within 30 days of purchase. We offer return shipping at no cost and will send a free return label to you. Please allow 48 business hours for return labels to be issued. Return Authorizations expire in 30 days after a label is issued.
All merchandise must be returned in saleable condition in the original manufacturer’s packaging. Associated promotional/free items must be included. Refunds will be issued using the original method of payment. Upon receipt of returned merchandise, refunds will be issued within five (5) business days.
*Shipping, insurance, additional fees and promotional coupons are not included in the refund amount. Special orders cannot be returned. Salon equipment/furniture is subject to a 20% restocking fee and the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges. Final sale items cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded.
Damaged, Defective, Mis-Shipped
Marlo Beauty Supply will replace/refund any item(s) that are damaged in transit, defective upon receipt or mis-shipped. Carefully examine your order and report any issues within seven (7) days of receipt. Please report freight damage within 48 hours.
Returns After 30 days
Items returned after 30 days are subject to a 15% restocking fee. The customer is responsible for the return shipping charges. For defective merchandise, a manufacturer warranty may apply. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted, a refund will not be issued and the merchandise will not be returned.
Marlo Beauty Supply has one of the best return policies in the industry - our 30-day No Risk Guarantee. Whatever the reason, we will accommodate your needs. We can quickly return, exchange or refund your item(s)*
To authorize a return, call 800-333-9499, email [email protected] or click here.