Clean and Disinfect with Barbicide & BlueCo Brandsfeaturing BlueCoBrands
Protect yourself and your clients by following the proper procedures for cleaning and disinfecting your salon or barbershop. BlueCo Brands, with their Barbicide® and Ship-Shape® professional disinfectants and cleaners, have set the industry standards for sanitation and disinfection.
Barbicide traces its origins back to New York in 1947, when a science teacher named Maurice King first concocted the disinfectant solution that would come to represent crystal-blue clean in barber and salon circles. King was determined to set a higher standard for sanitation, and his breakthrough formula, distributed in transparent stainless steel and glass jars, would eliminate germs from combs, razors and other tools of the trade. A recognized symbol of superior salon hygiene, Barbicide is featured in the permanent collection of the National Museum of American History at the Smithsonian!
So whether you are looking to disinfect your professional implements, combs and brushes, or remove unwanted residue and build-up around your salon or barber shop, use products like Barbicide and Ship-Shape that are specifically designed for the unique needs of the cosmetologist.
How To:A clean and sanitary salon environment is the foundation of your business. Your clients and your employees all want to feel comfortable and safe during their experiences in your salon. Cleaning and disinfecting your tools and stations with Barbicide and Ship-Shape products is a guaranteed way to create a sanitary environment that allows your clients to relax and enjoy their salon treatments.
STEP ONE - Clean/Sanitize
• For surfaces like counters, chairs, flat irons or bowls, use a surface cleaner like Ship-Shape Liquid
• For shears, combs and brushes, use a comb and brush cleaner like Ship-Shape Powder
STEP TWO - Disinfect (to protect you and your business from germs that cause illness)
• Mix disinfectant according to package directions.For more details on how to ratio and mix Barbicide properly, check out our guide.
• Submerge items or spray surfaces and maintain contact time (the amount of time an item or surface must stay moist with properly-mixed disinfectant to be effective against pathogens listed on label.)
• Rinse submerged items and store in a covered container
STEP THREE - Change your Barbicide (for maximum disinfecting strength)
When to Use: To disinfect implements and surfaces: shears, nippers, combs, stations, chairs
• Pour 2 oz (1/4 cup) of Barbicide concentrate into 32oz (4 cups) of cold water
• Implements and surface must stay moist with Barbicide for 10 full minutes
• Change immersion solution
When to Use: To disinfect non-porous surfaces. May be used in states that require Tuberculocidal disinfection
• Surface must remain moist for 2 minutes (3 minutes for tuberculocidal)
Cleaner and Disinfectant
When to Use: Spray clippers with Clippercide between uses to: clean, disinfect, lubricate, cool blades and prevent rust
• Aerosol action blows hair and debris out from between the teeth of the blades
• Allow blades to remain moist for 10 minutes to cool, clean and disinfect
• Regular use will give clipper blades longer cutting life with sharper, crisper cutting action
Ship-Shape Comb & Brush Cleaner
When to Use: Can be used to clean all combs and brushes
• Mix 1 teaspoon of Ship Shape Powder with 1 gallon warm water
• Complies with State laws and EPA requirements for pre-cleaning tools before immersing them in a disinfectant
Ship Shape Surface & Appliance Cleaner
When to Use: Formulated to remove hairspray from appliances such as curling irons and flat irons. Also cleans all surfaces including stainless steel, mirrors, chrome, vinyl, styling stations and anti-fatigue mats
• Should not be used on wood or varnished surfaces