What can you learn about your salon customer service?
A key part of running a successful salon is listening to your clients and learning about their experiences. By asking them to participate in a customer satisfaction survey, you’ll be able to evaluate responses and decide if changes are needed to operations or marketing. A survey that looks at spa or salon customer service will provide you with valuable information about your business. You can use this insight to improve client satisfaction and customer retention.
Writing Customer Service Survey Questions
Developing customer satisfaction survey questions for your salon will be time well spent. A simple survey gives your customers a voice where they can offer praise or suggestions. Plus, it’s the perfect opportunity to ask clients for a testimonial! Consider offering an incentive to encourage participation, such as a code for 15% off a service. You may find clients are more likely to fill out paper or electronic surveys during their visit. If you prefer, the survey could be emailed shortly after the service.
The following tips could help as you write your salon customer survey questions:
- Decide on a theme, such as general satisfaction or product preferences.
- Keep the survey short. Many surveys can be completed in 5 minutes.
- Ask respondents for satisfaction ratings early in the survey.
- Make your satisfaction ranges simple, such as 1 to 5 stars.
- Cover only one topic in each question.
- Consider an open field where customers can type in comments.
- Place questions requiring more thought toward the end of the survey.
- Use the “you” voice when creating questions.
Best PracticesClient-friendly practices for customer service surveys will help ensure you don’t inconvenience or annoy customers.
- Show survey questions to friends or associates to get feedback.
- Briefly tell clients why you’re doing the survey.
- Present questions in a clear, friendly manner.
- Respond personally to highly negative or positive responses.
- Show survey data on specific customers to those outside the salon.
- Share email addresses without permission.
- Ask questions that invade privacy, like income and age, unless the survey is anonymous.
- Use an email survey service without researching its reliability.
Salon or Spa Feedback Forms
When you don’t want to create a full survey, salon or spa feedback forms are an option. They usually touch on one area or a single experience. You can pass out client feedback forms or cards at the end of appointments. Remember, when you text a request for feedback, it should only be a few lines, such as:
“Thank you for coming in to our nail salon. Could you rate your service from
1 (below average) to 5 (excellent)? You’ll get 10% off your next manicure.”
Polls are another way to gather salon customer input on a specific subject. For example, you might ask clients to vote for their favorite service or product at your spa. If you want to do a complete survey, there are a number of reputable survey builders to select from online. Look at a few websites to find the best one for your salon. Services like SurveyMonkey, Google Forms and Listen 360, as well as salon management software, like Phorest, let you create questions yourself or by using a customer service survey template.
Salon Survey Results and Analysis
Be sure to choose a salon survey tool that supports simple results analysis so you can:
Create action plans. Divide any action items into immediate, short- and long-term goals. Assign team members to help make the changes.
Record customer suggestions. Decide on a format for recording input. Make note of valid suggestions that you can’t accomplish right away so you can return to them later.
Keep track of response rates. If a survey isn’t well received, think about adjusting your questions or the length. Compare your response rates on email versus in-salon surveys.
Share feedback. Tell your team about the survey results if you think it’s appropriate, and let them partner with you in making the salon or spa a welcoming environment. When sending out customer satisfaction surveys for beauty salons, you may receive some negative responses. If the feedback is fair, do your best to address the issue. You’ll also receive compliments that motivate you to continue delivering great customer service.
sample customer satisfaction survey questions:
- Was this your first time visiting our salon?
- Did you find it easy to book an appointment with one of our stylists?
- How long did it take our staff to acknowledge you after you arrived?
- What was your overall front desk experience?
- How would you rate the cleanliness of our salon?
- How would you rate our staff’s professionalism?
- Did your stylist start your appointment on time?
- Do you feel as though you received a thorough consultation prior to services rendered?
- Did your stylist listen to your requests?
- Do you feel your stylist understood your needs?
- Did your stylist recommend products during your appointment?
- Did you purchase products for home maintenance?
- Are you satisfied with the quality of work delivered by your stylist?
- Were you charged the amount you expected?
- Do you feel the services you received were worth the money you spent?
- Which of the following ensures your return to a salon? (Atmosphere, Customer Service, Quality of Work, Price, Other)
- What did you like most about your experience?
- What did you like least about your experience?
- Is it likely that you would recommend a friend or family member to our salon?
- Would you revisit our salon in the near future? If not, why?
- May we contact you to follow up on these responses?