Say Goodbye to Winter Hat Hair - EFX Permsfeaturing Zotos Professional
Are your clients frustrated with how their hairstyles are ruined by “winter hat hair”? Nothing is more aggravating than having the perfect cut and style inside, putting on a cap to stay warm and then dealing with the resulting flat or unruly hair.
The solution is simple - add texture with Texture EFX perms! With Texture EFX, it’s easy to create soft body and lasting volume. Plus, curls easily bounce back after being under that winter hat with just a spray of water.
Texture EFX is a thio-free and virtually damage-free cysteamine system, resulting in fun, fresh, sexy texture. With a smaller molecular size and positive magnetic charge, this formula easily and gently penetrates the hairshaft, leaving the cuticle virtually damage-free. Create beautiful texture and soft curls while leaving the hair healthier and better conditioned. Texture EFX produces virtually damage-free results so hair feels as good as it did before perming.
Texture EFX’s patented leave-in fortifying splash provides unique odor neutralizing properties and helps strengthen hair with Keratide, a specially formulated, powerful protein complex.
Available in 2 formulas: Normal/ Resistant & Color Treated. Color-Treated may be used on up to 40 volume and bleached.
To wrap use large benders using zig, zag partings, to create perfect blend at the scalp (even on fine texture) with soft body/curl results.
*To test curl formation, release one rod and unwind 1- 1/2 turns. Allow hair to relax. If it forms an “S” pattern and hair is separating into a ribbon effect, processing is complete. If not, rewind the test curl and repeat every 2-3 minutes, using a different rod each time until processing is complete.
Tips for Styling Textured Soft Curls:
- Shampoo hair and condition with a deep hydrating, ultra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Rinse with cool water (closes cuticle).
- Work fingers through hair do not comb. This will allow for more scalp curl.
- Gently towel blot, making sure to not rough up the hair. Use a terry cloth towel followed by a paper towel (this will remove more moisture). You want the hair to be damp not soaking wet.
- Apply a lightweight styling product to prep, smooth and protect, focusing on mid-shaft to ends.
- For loose curls, set your dryer on low heat and low air pressure, Use a diffuser with teeth, coiling the hair into the diffuser. As you dry the hair, lift towards scalp. Apply cool air to set curl. Do not finger thru the hair, this will cause hair to frizz.
- Finish with a smoothing mist for a lightweight, glossy finish.